- 6 ears perfectly ripe fresh sweet corn
- 6 teaspoons fresh cream butter (softened)
- salt for soaking water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak unshucked corn in ice cold salted water for 30 mins
- Drain and peel back one side of the shuck a few inches (No need to remove silks. They come right off cleanly after cooking)
- Spoon in a teaspoon of butter and pull the shuck back up
- Wrap tightly in aluminum foil (for oven grilling only)
- Place directly on to rack (oven or grill)
- Cook 15-20 minutes until kernels have softened to your liking, turning about every 5 minutes
- Cook 30-45 minutes until kerners have softened to your liking, turning about every 10 minutes
- Allow corn to cool for about 5 min and peel back husks and silks and remove.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Southern