Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Simple seasonings make this family favorite
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup blackening spices I use Zatarain's Blackened Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Pinches of Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf italian parsley
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Dredge the chicken breasts in the blackening spice and place in a cast iron skillet over very high heat.
Blacken both sides of the chicken then place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F on a thermometer.
Slice in strips on the bias and set aside in a covered bowl.
To Make The Sauce
In a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Add garlic and lightly caramelize. Then add the chicken slices.
Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer reducing the cream sauce by half.
Stir in a pinch or two of ground nutmeg
When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese,salt, pepper,chicken and pasta.
Using tongs nest the pasta on large rimmed plates, pour sauce over pasta, and garnish with scallions and the remaining Parmesan cheese.