Fresh and light, Dangerously Delicious
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
- Crushed Ice
- 3 Mint Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- 4 oz Light Rum
- Club Soda Or Seltzer Water
- Fresh Mint Sprigs And Lime Slices To Garnish
Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Or Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Place the cranberries water and sugars in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the cranberries are falling apart about 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Discard the solids and refrigerate the syrup into a mason jar or glass container for up to two weeks.
Muddle the mint leaves, cranberry simple syrup and lime juice against the sides of a cocktail shaker, add ice cubes and rum.
Cover and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled.
Strain into a 10-oz glass filled with ice.
Top with the club soda or seltzer water and garnish with mint leaves lime slices and whole cranberries.