Who doesn’t love ice cream in the summer? Frankly, who doesn’t love ICE CREAM?
Mostly I’m a vanilla girl, (with a dose of chocolate or caramel on top) But this!? This easy chocolate ice cream cake recipe is without a doubt the cure for anyone’s chocolate craving and ice cream craving. (Not to mention, the candy craving.) All rolled into one decadent dessert.
Planing a party? This will be a hit! And its quick and easy!
- 1½ cups Chocolate Wafer cookie crumbs (Nabisco)
- ½ cup caramel topping (recipe below)
- 2 (1.5-quart) containers chocolate ice cream, softened slightly
- 1½ cups crumbled brownies (use your favorite)
- 1 cup chopped mini reeses cup candies OR caramel and chocolate candies
- 1½ c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. light cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Line a 9-inch spring-form pan with non-stick foil.
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs on bottom and press to make an even layer. Drizzle evenly withheated caramel topping.
- Place in freezer 30 minutes to firm up.
- Spread softened ice cream evenly over caramel, smoothing top with a knife.
- Sprinkle top evenly with brownie and candy pieces,pressing in slightly.
- Freeze until firm, 4 to 5 hours.
- Then top with a piece of waxed paper and wrap in a double thickness of foil. (DO NOT RELEASE THE SPRING FORM YET)
- Return to freezer until serving.
- Remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature 15 to 25 minutes.
- Remove spring-form side of pan and with a large,sharp knife, cut into slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Combine brown sugar and cornstartch.
- Wisk together well.
- Add to butter and cream in medium size heavy saucepan.
- Cook and stir until boiling.
- Reduce heat, simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, until mixture thickens. (Makes 1¾ cups.)
You can substitute:
Smuckers Caramel Ice Cream topping, for the homemade caramel topping
Oreo Cookies for the chocolate wafer cookies.
Any favorite candy for the reeses mini cup candies