This sea salt crusted rib steak is so delicious ! Don’t freak out about the amount of sea salt called for it is only used for the crusting process and once cooked, you dispose of all that. With grilling season upon us, for those of you who don’t have a grill, this recipe is all you need to make your Fourth of July dinner memorable! We love rib steak, but any bone in steak will work!
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra VirginOlive Oil
- 1 Two-rib bone-in steak (about 3 lbs and 2 to 3 inches thick)
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 lbs of coarse Sea Salt
- 2 to 5 tablespoons of water (optional)
- Leaves from 2 rosemary sprigs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted soft butter
- ½ clove minced garlic (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons of Italian herbs (parsley, rosemary, thyme)
- 2 finger pinches of coarse Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Heat a heavy iron skillet over high heat for 10 minutes until very hot.
- Add olive oil to bottom of pan
- season steak with pepper and brown steak on both sides (1-2 minutes to brown)
- In a baking dish, press the coarse sea salt (it should be moist, add water if it isn’t) to baking dish and place the rosemary over the salt. Make sure to encase the steak in the salted baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes for rare and 40 minutes for medium rare.
- Make the herb butter during the baking of the steak by combining the ingredients for the herb butter.
- Remove steak and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve with side of herbed butter.
Decadence at its mouth watering best!