Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Who doesn’t love ice cream in the summer? Frankly, who doesn’t love ICE CREAM?
Mostly I’m a vanilla girl, (with a dose of chocolate or caramel on top) But this!? This easy chocolate ice cream cake recipe is without a doubt the cure for anyone’s chocolate craving and ice cream craving. (Not to mention, the candy craving.) All rolled into one decadent dessert.
Planing a party? This will be a hit! And its quick and easy!Print
Chocolate Caramel Explosion Ice Cream Cake
- Yield: 10 1x
All your favorites whipped into one perfect cake!
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Wafer cookie crumbs (Nabisco)
- 1/2 cup caramel topping (recipe below)
- 2 1.5-quart containers chocolate ice cream, softened slightly
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled brownies (use your favorite)
- 1 cup chopped mini reeses cup candies OR caramel and chocolate candies
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. light cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Line a 9-inch spring-form pan with non-stick foil.
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs on bottom and press to make an even layer. Drizzle evenly withheated caramel topping.
- Place in freezer 30 minutes to firm up.
- Spread softened ice cream evenly over caramel, smoothing top with a knife.
- Sprinkle top evenly with brownie and candy pieces,pressing in slightly.
- Freeze until firm, 4 to 5 hours.
- Then top with a piece of waxed paper and wrap in a double thickness of foil. (DO NOT RELEASE THE SPRING FORM YET)
- Return to freezer until serving.
- Remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature 15 to 25 minutes.
- Remove spring-form side of pan and with a large,sharp knife, cut into slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Combine brown sugar and cornstartch.
- Wisk together well.
- Add to butter and cream in medium size heavy saucepan.
- Cook and stir until boiling.
- Reduce heat, simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, until mixture thickens. (Makes 1 3/4 cups.)
You can substitute:
Smuckers Caramel Ice Cream topping, for the homemade caramel topping
Oreo Cookies for the chocolate wafer cookies.
Any favorite candy for the reeses mini cup candies
I will be going to the store later to buy ingredients. You had me at Ice Cream Cake. Love the mini reeses peanut butter cups. Mmmm.
Debbie Lawrence says
get the unwrapped ones.
Cat Davis says
I promised myself if I saw this come across my path again I would ignore it …. but I just couldn’t. I was too tempted by CHOCOLATE screaming at my from my Google Reader. I may have to do something like this for my daughter’s birthday in a few weeks. She always skips over the cake anyways and dives into the ice cream.
Debbie Lawrence says
Its perfect for kids birthday parties! solves the cake and ice cream delima in a heart beat.. I’ve used two different types of ice cream.. just spread and chill for a bit in the freezer before adding the next layer.. if you have questions once you get started, let me know.. the possibilities are endless!
Thanks debbie the recipe helped me alot ,,you are great