We Love Shrimp. Sometimes its like a scene from Forrest Gump here. Fried shrimp, boiled shrimp, blackened shrimp, grilled shrimp and anything but coconut shrimp ! This is one of my year round favorites!
The Holiday season, is perfect for seafood. Besides being a nice break from all the dressing and turkey, its a great light appetizer or full meal!
- 1 pound medium large fresh shrimp, 26-30 count, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 TBSP. Olive oil
- 10 Bay leaves
- 1 TBSP Paprika
- 1 TBSP Garlic salt
- 2-3 TBSP Blackened Cajun Seasoning
- 1 lemon cut into wedges for serving
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- Add shrimp and seasoning in a zip loc bag with 2 Tbsp of olive oil let marinate in your refrigerator up to 2 hours.
- Thread shrimp, lemon and Bay leaves on the skewers.
- Coat shrimp liberally with seasoning.
- Add lemon juice and brush over shrimp.
- Grill over medium hot coals until opaque
- Remove from grill
- Serve over pasta and garnish with fresh basil, lemon wedges and fresh grated parmesan.