Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
This slow cooker holiday dressing recipe is one your whole family will enjoy!
There are hundreds of ways to make dressing for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Every family has their own special add ins. We like the mushrooms. Feel free to delete them if your family doesn’t like them. Its important that your mixture look like loose cooked oatmeal once you’ve added everything. I’ve given hints to fix your mixture if its too loose or too stiff.
Slow Cooker Holiday Dressing
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 240 minutes
- Total Time: 255 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
Save that valuable oven real estate!
- 4 1/2 cups cornbread -home made or package
- 1 bag Pepperidge Farm Herbed Stuffing
- 1 can chicken broth add gradually until desired consistency
- 2 cans cream of chicken
- 1– large Yellow Onion -chopped
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 cup celery -chopped (otional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3– large eggs-beaten
- 1 tablespoon Rubbed Sage -to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter -grated
- In a heavy skillet, heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add in the chopped onion, and celery and mushrooms stirring until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together cornbread crumbs, stuffing mix, and remaining ingredients except butter in a large bowl.
- Add onions, celery and mushrooms.
- Stir Well (At this point your mixture should have the consistency of cooked oatmeal, if its too loose, add a bit more of the herbed stuffing mix and corn bread. If its too stiff add in more chicken broth)
- Pour cornbread mixture into a lightly greased 5 1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the shaved butter on top.
- Cook, covered, on LOW 4 hours or until cooked through and set.
- Category: Sides