This bright mango salsa is the perfect accompaniment to fish, chicken or even a surprise salsa accompaniment to seafood tacos or other Tex-mex meals. Its become an all round favorite in these parts. And what’s not to love? Fresh mango, Vidalia onions and cilantro! If you love avocado like I do, you can even chop a couple of those up and add some red bell pepper. Let your imagination and your taste-buds lead you!
Serves: 2½ cups
- 2 fresh mangoes, peeled
- ½ large Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lime, juiced
- Chop mangoes and onions, place in large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, oil and lime juice.
- Mix well.
- Chill before serving (if desired)