Sandwich nights can become feasts with a little time and a little imagination! We love these anytime of year! Serve with coleslaw or a hearty bowl of soup. Don’t forget those kosher dills!
- 2 pounds High Quality Corned Beef -sliced thin
- 12 slices Marble Rye or Deli Rye
- 12 ounces Shredded Sauerkraut -we like kraut you can use more or less
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices baby swiss cheese
- 1½ cups Russian Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Place corned beef in shallow pan, sprinkle with water lightly and cover. Warm through. (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cut six sheets of aluminum foil large enough to make a wrapper for each sandwich.
- Butter one side of each of the 12 slices of bread and arrange 2 slices each, butter side down on each foil sheet.
- Begin to assemble sandwiches beginning with spreading the Russian Dressing on the face upside of each slice.
- Remove the warmed through corned beef from the oven and layer half the slices with the warmed corn beef, sauerkraut and a slice of the swiss cheese.
- Place another slice of cheese on the other slice of bread and place it on top, butter side up.
- Seal the sandwiches tightly in the foil (use a pharmacy, or package style fold to keep the sandwiches together)
- Place the sandwich wrappers on a large cookie sheet and place in oven for about 10-15 minutes. (If you prefer to do this stove top, you can place each sandwich between two heavy cast iron skillets (either wrapped or not))
- Remove the sandwiches from the oven (or stove) allow to cool a bit so you can handle them and slice on the diagonal.
- Serve each with a kosher dill spear and the extra russian dressing for dipping.
- Best served hot from the oven!