Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Long a Southern Favorite, caramel apples are a just right treat for fall! This super simple caramel apple recipe is one sure to please everyone.
Super Simple Caramel Apple Recipe
- 6 fresh apples -washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 14 oz individually wrapped Caramel Candy -unwrapped
- 6 magnolia branches or popsicle sticks
- Wash apples and remove the stems.
- Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the stem end of each apple.
- Set aside while you cook the caramel dip.
- Combine caramels and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until caramel melts and is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Dip each apple into the caramel and gently run apples around insides of saucepan coat evenly. Or drizzle each apple with the caramel mixture.
- Smooth excess caramel from the apple bottoms using the side of the saucepan.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and chill until ready to serve. (about 15 minutes or until firm)