“Uncle Louie” loved the holidays! He loved the bird, the dressing , the Italian sausage and most of all he loved the goodies. These were one of his favorites he requested every year. These pack a ‘punch’ but the flavor mellows over time. Similar to Rum Balls, Uncle Louie’s “Black Jack” Whiskey Balls Recipe is just the thing to bring a bit of the South to your holidays!
- 3 cups finely crushed Biscoff ® Cookies vanilla wafers work just fine
- 1½ cups Confectioners Sugar reserve ½ cup for garnish
- 1½ cups Hershey ® Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Pecans chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup recipe follows
- ½ cup Jack Daniel's® Tennessee Wiskey
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in Simple Syrup until well mixed, then stir in the Jack Daniels®Wiskey.
- Shape into small balls (about 1 inch) and roll in reserved powdered sugar.
- Store in airtight container using waxed paper or parchment between layers.
Store for a minimum of 1 week before serving.
Serves: 1 cup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Bring the water to a boil
- Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat. (Note: Do not allow the syrup to boil for too long or the syrup will be too thick.)
- Allow to cool completely and thicken, then bottle and stopper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use , then bring to room temp.
*Adding a tablespoon of plain vodka to the bottle and giving it a lite shake will increase the shelf life of your syrup.