Save that valuable oven real estate!
- 4 1/2 cups cornbread -home made or package
- 1 bag Pepperidge Farm Herbed Stuffing
- 1 can chicken broth add gradually until desired consistency
- 2 cans cream of chicken
- 1– large Yellow Onion -chopped
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 cup celery -chopped (otional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3– large eggs-beaten
- 1 tablespoon Rubbed Sage -to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter -grated
- In a heavy skillet, heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add in the chopped onion, and celery and mushrooms stirring until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together cornbread crumbs, stuffing mix, and remaining ingredients except butter in a large bowl.
- Add onions, celery and mushrooms.
- Stir Well (At this point your mixture should have the consistency of cooked oatmeal, if its too loose, add a bit more of the herbed stuffing mix and corn bread. If its too stiff add in more chicken broth)
- Pour cornbread mixture into a lightly greased 5 1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the shaved butter on top.
- Cook, covered, on LOW 4 hours or until cooked through and set.
- Category: Sides