This bright mango salsa is the perfect accompaniment to fish, chicken or even a surprise salsa accompaniment to seafood tacos or other Tex-mex meals. Its become an all round favorite in these parts. And what’s not to love? Fresh mango, Vidalia onions and cilantro! If you love avocado like I do, you can even chop a couple of those up and add some red bell pepper. Let your imagination and your taste-buds lead you!
Mango Tango Salsa
- 2 fresh mangoes peeled
- 1/2 large Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lime juiced
- Chop mangoes and onions, place in large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, oil and lime juice.
- Mix well.
- Chill before serving (if desired)
Optional: 2 large avocadoes chopped 1 red bell pepper chopped Add these to the bowl with the mango and onion mixture before adding remaining ingredients. You can substitute your favorite onion (red, Texas yellow, or white)