Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Who’s ready for a cool refreshing end to a family picnic or summertime dinner party? This simple to make Refreshing Lemon Sherbet is a perfect ending, not too sweet, not too tangy and guaranteed to soon be a family favorite! Serve in classic sugar cones or make a lovey presentation in a martini glass. Either way, you’ll all be screaming for more!
You’ll need an ice-cream machine for this one, but whether you choose to hand crank or use an electric model, this is a perfect way to celebrate summer.Print
Refreshing Lemon Sherbet
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
Not too sweet, not too tangy. A perfect dessert for cook-outs!
- 4 tsp finely grated lemon zest (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups half and half (don’t substitute)
- ½ cup FRESH lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl
- Continue stirring until well blended
- Pour mixture into the freezer compartment of a 4 quart electric ice-cream maker
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions (about 35 minutes)
Be careful not to grate any of the white pith skin underneath the yummy yellow skin when grating your zest or your sherbet will be bitter!
Spring and Summer just naturally call for ice cream, sorbet and sherbet recipes . I’d love to know your favorite recipes! And of course you can grab another favorite summertime recipe, our Berry Sorbet here. Don’t forget to check our Pinterest board too!