Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This trail slaw is an easy side salad for almost anything , from chicken to fish to pork, to wild game. Here, we have a great choice of meats, seafood and poultry for meals. With hunters and fishermen in the family and as neighbors we’re never at a loss for some God Given Goodness.
We eat fish most nights, almost any kind I can afford if I have to buy it. And there’s no deprivation! I’ll promise you! As a side to some of our fish dinners I’ll often make this trail slaw and its always a big hit! Grab a print and try this for your next fish dinner! I KNOW you’ll love it!
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 large tomato diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ pound shredded white cabbage about 1 cup
- ¼ pound shredded red cabbage about 1 cup
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onions
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or craisins
- combine the cucumber, tomato, pepper, mayonnaise, honey and lime juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir well, then add the shredded cabbage, carrots, red onions, green onions and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Sprinkle with cranberries.
Find all our Pinworthy recipes on Pinterest ! And don’t forget you can search here on this site by ingredients.