Crazy easy dessert, use all those fresh peaches you have or even use frozen! Adapted from a Family recipe.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir).
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
I use a 13×9 baking dish, somehow however some of the deliciousness always bubbles over the sides. So when cooking, use the middle rack in your oven, and place a sheet of foil directly beneath the pan on the bottom rack.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Southern