Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Light and delicate, these ricotta lemon pancakes are a delicious change from your regular pancake breakfast! I love pancakes, no one else here does. So I don’t get a chance to whip up something different too often. This past Sunday, I just did it. And ohhhhhh these are so good! I used whole milk ricotta (available in the cheese section of most grocery deli departments) and real maple syrup. You’ve got to try these!
Top them with a pat of fresh grass-fed butter and your favorite pure maple syrup and you have heaven on a plate!
Ricotta Lemon Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4 -6 1x
Lemony Rich and Delicious
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese (well drained)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Combine the first four dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining four wet ingredients.
- Blend into dry ingredients just till combined.
- Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a prepared griddle.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side till golden brown.
Don’t use a mixer or try to wisk the ingredients until smooth. Yes you’ll have smooth batter and TOUGH pancakes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Southern
Jen @ Baked by a Introvert says
I would have never though to flavor pancakes with lemon. Great recipe!
Jen, the lemon flavor is just a hint but oh so good! Thanks for stopping by!
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says
Those look like the prettiest pancakes I’ve ever seen. I look forward to trying them out on the family.
the lemon makes them taste so light an airy. tho I’ve used almond extract before and its yummy!