Sugar Syrup used in Beverages and Desserts
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Bring the water to a boil
- Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat. (Note: Do not allow the syrup to boil for too long or the syrup will be too thick.)
- Allow to cool completely and thicken, then bottle and stopper.
- Refrigerate until ready to use , then bring to room temp.
*Adding a tablespoon of plain vodka to the bottle and giving it a lite shake will increase the shelf life of your syrup.
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Southern