Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Football season brings on the tailgate classics. This White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe has been a favorite of ours for years. I find I’m partial to it over traditional chili because of its freshness with the lime juice being added at the end. I’m a brand loyalist when it comes to canned beans so I always use Bush’s White Cannellini Beans. Feel free to substitute if you wish, but using them always guarantees the taste and consistency we love!
Serve up with a side of homemade cornbread and you’ve got a game winner every time!
White Bean Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
A Hearty White Chili that’s heart healthy
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 skinned and boned chicken breast halves (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 15-ounce cans cannellini or great Northern beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- Lime Juice
- Sauté chopped onion in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 7 minutes; add garlic, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken pieces, and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Stir in 3 cups water and next 5 ingredients; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Place 2 cans of beans in a blender; add broth, and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir bean pureé, remaining 2 cans of beans, in Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in lime juice just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- Category: Main
I am in no way affiliated with Bush’s Beans at this time. We use them and love them.
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says
This looks delicious! I haven’t had Bush’s beans since I left Tennessee :)
Debbie Lawrence says
The only brand I’ll ever use @Maureen.. Glad you’re here.. lots of goodies