This lime granita is so easy to make you’re going to want to make it today! All you need is a jelly roll cake pan (you probably have one in your larder), about 12-14 large limes , (if you want to make key lime granita, you’re going to need a couple of bags of them) sugar and water and your freezer. Boom! What could be easier? Not much, honestly. Spoon this frozen delicacy into a fancy highball or martini glass and you’ve got a presentation to make the pros envious!
We love the coolness of fresh limes, but you can make this glass of delicousness with other fruits like berries or other citrus. For berry granita, you’ll need a good food processor. Grab a print and give this a try for dessert tonight! Your family will love you and you’ll thank me for this simple, cool dessert that you’ll make over and over again!
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cups fresh lime juice ( 12-14 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest ( 1 lime)
- 3 cups water
- 1 extra lime cut into cocktail wheels.
- mint sprigs for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar with 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in lime juice and zest.
- Pour mixture into a shallow metal cake pan and freeze, crushing and stirring the lumps with a fork every 30 minutes for 2 to 3 hours, or until it has a slushy, granular texture.
- Spoon into individual glasses.
- garnish with a mint sprig and lime wheel
- Serve immediately.