Summary : Sinfully delicious? Nahhhh but good to the core! Use what ever varieties of apples you have on hand. Go ahead mix em up, the flavors are yummy! From the kitchen of : Geraldine Olive, Bhm, AL
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups peeled (chopped apples)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Butter and flour a large tube or bundt pan.
- Sift together salt, baking soda and flour.
- In mixer bowl, blend oil and sugar well.
- Slowly add dry sifted ingredients into oil and sugar mixture. (Batter will be stiff at this point)
- Whisk eggs together lightly and add to batter.
- Reduce speed on mixer and add nuts and vanilla to batter.
- Pour batter slowly into prepared pan, shifting carefully so that batter is even .
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours @250 degrees.
- Invert on to
- Add topping
- Quick notes
- You can substitute walnuts for pecans and serve as a coffee
- with no topping as well.
- Preparation time: