This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Birds Eye®, and Tyson® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #FastFreshFilling https://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
We are a busy family and the warm days of summer mean we’d much rather be outside playing and having fun versus sitting inside being bumps on a log. Even if we don’t pack our days full of activities and just go with the flow, by the time dinner time rolls around, I absolutely hate standing in front of the cooktop stirring a hot pot. It’s summer – I’ve already been outside soaking up the sun and getting hot and sweaty from playing!
Our family enjoys “summer meals” – meals that are quick, that are easy, and that don’t heat up our kitchen. We went for quite a while without central air conditioning, so it primed us well for this type of mealtime. Now that we have a/c, I’d prefer to not have a hot kitchen and the rest of the house cool, so I still employ the “summer meals” frequently.
One of our family favorites is what we call “taco bowls”, but if you know popular food chains, you’ll be calling this a “burrito bowl”. It’s 100% customizable, but I keep ours as quick and simple as possible.
Copycat Burrito Bowl
- Cooked rice 1 to 2 cups per serving, white or brown
- Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets one fillet per serving
- Bird's Eye Steamfresh Protein Blends Southwest Style, 1 to 2 bags depending on family size
- Additional toppings such as: cheese lettuce, sour cream, avocado
- Cook your rice in the microwave or use a rice cooker
- Prepare Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets per package instructions on microwave safe plate
- Prepare Bird's Eye Steamfresh Protein Blends per package instructions
- Prepare your additional toppings (I told you this was easy!)
- Organize a burrito topping bar with all of your toppings and allow your family to create their own!
Not sure how to make rice in a microwave? Check out these directions!
You can also make a larger serving of rice in a slow cooker – this is great for cooking ahead, just portion the cooked rice in freezer-safe zipper bags, label, and thaw in the fridge when ready to use. Add a little water and heat in the microwave!
The new Bird’s Eye Steamfresh Protein Blends are a delicious and easy way to add flavor and protein to your meals. The Southwest Style is a blend of whole grains, black beans, corn, lentils, red bell peppers, and sauce. It wasn’t spicy at all and we didn’t have a single speck of leftovers!
Tyson’s Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Fillets are found in the freezer section at Walmart and a serious lifesaver. Each fillet is a serving size, and since you don’t have to thaw them before cooking, they are perfect for single-serve dishes or a family-size dish. The fillets even have grill marks on them to totally fake out guests if you need to serve lunch or dinner in a pinch!
If you’re trying to lighten up your meals this summer, skip the rice for this dish and serve yours over a bed of fresh lettuce! YUM! Just grab these two main ingredients: