An Uptown Twist On A Southern Favorite
- 3 Lb Red Potatoes (optionally peeled)
- 2 Stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (diced finely)
- 1 table spoon finely diced sweet gherkin pickle (optional)
- 3 slices crispy fried market bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Extra Blue Cheese crumbles for salad topping
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add red potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop into 1 inch cubes. Place in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl
- Stir in Blue Cheese Dressing as follows
- In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, blue cheese, balsamic vinegar, pepper, and garlic powder. Gradually blend in the buttermilk until the dressing has reached the desired consistency. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and a little paprika , blue cheese crumbles and crumbled bacon.
You can substitute Tiny Yukon Gold or Mixed Baby Potatoes found in your grocer’s organic veggie bin