Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Weeknight dinners are usually a mix of catch as catch can and something planned out. This Cajun Chicken Alfredo can go from prep to table in about an hour. Simple ingredients are the stars and the flavors meld to create a special pasta dish you family will love!
Let’s face it, chicken can get boring. With a little cajun hit (not spicy hot) you can transform blah to POW in the flavor department! The creamy alfredo sauce takes only minutes to make and so much more delicious than the store bought jars! With its nutty, slightly sweet flavor, nutmeg enhances the cream sauce. The perfect mix and a perfect quick and easy dinner for any day of the week!
If you can’t find Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning your local grocery, look for Paul Prudhomme’s Blackening Spices or Emeril ‘s Blackened Seasoning Blend. If you can’t find either locally, let me know I’ll get ya fixed up!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Simple seasonings make this family favorite
- 4 boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 cup blackening spices (I use Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Pinches of Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the blackening spice and place in a cast iron skillet over very high heat.
- Blacken both sides of the chicken then place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F on a thermometer.
- Slice in strips on the bias and set aside in a covered bowl.
To Make The Sauce
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add garlic and lightly caramelize. Then add the chicken slices.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer reducing the cream sauce by half.
- Stir in a pinch or two of ground nutmeg
- When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese,salt, pepper,chicken and pasta.
- Using tongs nest the pasta on large rimmed plates, pour sauce over pasta, and garnish with scallions and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says
I’ve had this before and I really like it. I love cajun spices in anything. :)
I’ve always loved ‘blackened’ anything! Living here now, it’s more common that I find these spices!
WOW!! Your recipes are amazing!!!! Pinning this for later!
Thanks for dropping by, this is another of those super simple recipes anyone can make with ingredients they already have!
Tammy @ creativekkids says
I love any kind of alfredo, and your recipe looks so good! Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board.
super delish and SIMPLE to make! Thanks for dropping by!
Brandi @ penguinsinpink.com says
Yum! Oh man does this sound good! Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned in the Bloggers Brags Broad.
And it is! Glad you dropped bye!