Simple seasonings make this family favorite
- 4 boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 cup blackening spices (I use Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Pinches of Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the blackening spice and place in a cast iron skillet over very high heat.
- Blacken both sides of the chicken then place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F on a thermometer.
- Slice in strips on the bias and set aside in a covered bowl.
To Make The Sauce
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add garlic and lightly caramelize. Then add the chicken slices.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer reducing the cream sauce by half.
- Stir in a pinch or two of ground nutmeg
- When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese,salt, pepper,chicken and pasta.
- Using tongs nest the pasta on large rimmed plates, pour sauce over pasta, and garnish with scallions and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American