Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
I’ve been a single girl in a crowd full of couples for quite a while. We are a tight group that likes to get together and share meals. I was always asked to bring some beverages or some chips and dip. That all changed when I brought my deviled eggs to a cookout. All my friends have since apologized for assuming I couldn’t cook. They have mumbled around about how they thought my inability to cook might have been why I have no husband. Now, they are busy trying to figure out the real reason I have no husband. (Don’t tell them, but I really just don’t want one. It is too much fun watching them try to figure me out.) Now, when we all get together I am always asked to bring some kind of dish, but my deviled eggs seem to be the crowd favorite and I make them quite often. Come to think of it, maybe always bringing chips, dip and sodas wasn’t so bad after all.
Heavenly Deviled Eggs
- 1 Dozen Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Miracle Whip
- 1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dill Pickle Juice
- 6 Baby Dills Diced
- 1 tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Sugar
- Paprika to Garnish
- Boil the eggs. I have my own way of doing this. I bring the water to a good, steady boil, then I lower the eggs into the water one at a time until they are all in. By adding the eggs after the water is boiling, it locks the yolks in the middle of the white, insuring a pretty presentation.
- After the eggs are done boiling (approx 13 min.), peel and slice in two horizontally.
- Separate yolks from whites, putting yolks into a mixing bowl and white on a pretty serving platter.
- With yolks in a bowl, mash them with a fork until they are in small pieces.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the pickle juice and mix well.
- After ingredients are combined well, add the pickle juice a little at a time to the desired consistency.
- Take two regular sized kitchen spoons and fill egg white halves with the yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops with paprika to finish.