Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s fall, which means it’s once again pumpkin spice latte season! Instead of pulling out your wallets to drop cash on one from a coffee shop, head to the grocery store. There’s only a few ingredients to pick up to make cup after cup of this fall favorite. Plus, this recipe makes a Homemade Real Pumpkin Spice Latte that blows all these cafes out of the water.
It’s really pretty simple to make this pumpkiny brew. My favorite part of making this drink at home, is that I get to use my coffee of choice. I’m sure like most of you, there’s a certain brand and blends that I like more than others. What’s better than taking coffee I already enjoy and kicking it up a few notches with pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and even a dollop of homemade whipped cream. There’s one special ingredient that I add to my pumpkin spice lattes and I definitely recommend trying it. Fresh ground black pepper. I know it sounds a little crazy, but trust me, it’s so worth it!
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Fresh ground black pepper highly recommended but optional
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces brewed coffee or 1-2 shots of espresso
- Heavy Cream for whipping
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice Mixture
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the pumpkin with the pumpkin pie spice and a generous helping of black pepper for 2 minutes or until it's hot and smells cooked. Stir constantly.
- Add the sugar and continue to stir until you have what looks like a pumpkin syrup.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Using a whisk, add in the cream and the vanilla and warm over medium heat, continually whisking so that it doesn't scorch or boil over.
- Pour into blender or use a hand blender until frothy and completely blended
- Using a whisk or handmixer and beat until stiff peaks are formed
Assemble your latte
- Into an oversized mug, add the pumpkin mixture, and coffee or expresso,
- Add the frothed milk slowly
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
What no pumpkin pie spice in the house? Make your own.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add each spice in the exact order listed in a medium mixing bowl. Don't skip any of the spices.
- Using a whisk, carefully blend the spices together .
- Pour into a small ball jar and cap tightly, store in a cool dark location.
Get MORE Pumpkin Spice Recipes and goodies on Our Pinterest Board