Cool and frosty citrus dessert, perfect for summer dinners and parties
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice (12–14 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest (1 lime)
- 3 cups water
- 1 extra lime cut into cocktail wheels.
- mint sprigs for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar with 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in lime juice and zest.
- Pour mixture into a shallow metal cake pan and freeze, crushing and stirring the lumps with a fork every 30 minutes for 2 to 3 hours, or until it has a slushy, granular texture.
- Spoon into individual glasses.
- garnish with a mint sprig and lime wheel
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American