Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh so rich and Oh so Southern! You’ll find them served at all sorts of southern parties from baptism receptions to weddings.
These tiny tastes of heritage are the perfect bite at the end of a holiday meal !
Southern Pecan Tassies
- 1 pound butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter Melted
- 2 tablespoons Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Beat 1 cup butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed. Shape mixture into 48 balls, and place on a baking sheet; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place 1 dough ball into each lightly greased muffin cup in mini muffin pans, shaping each into a shell.
- Whisk together brown sugar and next 5 ingredients. Spoon into tart shells.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks 20 minutes or until completely cool.