Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
The famous Cracker Barrel hash brown casserole has been copied and copies of it copied, most of the recipes are EXACTLY the same. (hash browns, cheese, eggs. boring!)
Here at Simple plate we took a road less traveled and developed THE Perfect Hash Brown Casserole ! Chock full of fresh veggies, this one pan breakfast casserole can be made the night before and popped in the oven the following morning for 45 minutes and voila! Breakfast for the family, hearty and healthy and easy clean up for mom!
I added some JIMMY DEAN Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage (its our favorite) to make this the perfect breakfast casserole. And well the proof was in the ‘pudding’ so to speak when the left overs (there are only 2 of us) were packed off for work lunch today!Print
Perfect Hashbrown Casserole
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
Perfect weekday breakfast, brunch or holiday brunch!
- 1/2 Bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 small yellow onion shredded
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 small bag baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper julienne sliced
- 1 heirloom tomato or 8–10 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Defrost and drain frozen hash browns, wrap in white paper toweling to completely dry out and set aside.
- Meanwhile scramble 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage, until broken up well, cooked through, and slightly browned.
- Drain off sausage on white papertoweling and set aside.
- Slice tomato thin and set aside.
- Chop spinach and onion into a large mixing bowl.
- Match stick slice red bell pepper and add into the same bowl.
- Stir in garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in sausage.
- In a large skillet melt butter and layer in hashbrowns first then the sausage/veggie mix.
- Wisk the eggs until lightly foamy and pour over the other ingredients.
- Top with sliced tomato then Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes until bubbly and firm to the touch.
- garnish with fresh parsley.
- Slice like a pie and serve.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Southern
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says
We don’t have frozen hash browns like this in Australia. It’s one of the things I miss – being able to use them in all sorts of ways. I might have to give this a try with parboiled shredded potatoes. Looks too good not to try.
oh noze!!! no frozen hashies?????? I’d go nuts! But yes shredded (I’ve not parboiled before) and dusted with flour and lightly browned in a skillet before you add them to the pan with the rest of the ingredients (of course a light coating of olive oil or coconut oil to brown).
Cin Chau Lai says
I love hash browns!!!! And I like the idea of adding vegetables to it~~~~ Bookmarked~^^