Not too sweet, not too tangy. A perfect dessert for cook-outs!
- 4 tsp finely grated lemon zest (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups half and half (don’t substitute)
- ½ cup FRESH lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl
- Continue stirring until well blended
- Pour mixture into the freezer compartment of a 4 quart electric ice-cream maker
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions (about 35 minutes)
Be careful not to grate any of the white pith skin underneath the yummy yellow skin when grating your zest or your sherbet will be bitter!