Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Santa brought me a shiny new convection oven for Christmas, and I finally got around to reading the instruction booklet. I decided to make one of my favorite meals and it turned out perfectly! If you’re making this in a conventional oven preheat to 425. Also, check your chicken for doneness at the end of our prescribed roasting time, if you need to return it to the oven, do so in 15 minute increments.
Serve this roasted chicken up with root veggies and potatoes or your favorite side. Left overs make perfect sandwich fare!
- 1 whole Chicken Rinsed And Patted Dry (about 4.5 lbs)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Chicken Seasoning recipe below
- 3 whole Lemons
- 4 sprigs Rosemary
- Salt And Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (convection bake. If you're using a standard oven, you can do 425.)
- Zest two of the lemons. Strip the leaves off of one of the rosemary sprigs and chop it up finely.
- In a bowl, combine roasted chicken seasoning, lemon zest, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a roasting pan with heavy duty aluminum foil and lay the patted-dry chicken on the foil, breast side up.
- Use your fingers to rub the extra virgin olive oil over the chicken, under the skin, and inside the cavity.
- Follow with the seasoning mixture and do the same, patting it into the skin.
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice of one lemon all over the chicken. Place the six lemon halves (if they'll fit!) and the three remaining rosemary leaves into the cavity of the bird.
- Place the chicken into the oven and roast it for 1 hour, 15 minutes or until done. Skin will be deep golden brown and juices will be sizzling.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes or so to rest.
- Carve and serve.
Roasted Chicken Seasoning Rub
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Mix the salt, basil, rosemary, garlic powder, mustard, paprika, black pepper, thyme, celery seed, parsley, cumin, cayenne pepper, and chicken bouillon together until blended