- 3 T sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 5 3/8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 3 t Marsala wine
- 7 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 c espresso (or strong coffee)
- 1 oz additional Marsala
- 2 T additional sugar
- 1/2 c water (Warm)
- 24 French-style ladyfinger -cookies
- 3 T powdered sweetened cocoa mix
STEP ONE: Prepare Cream Mixture–
- In an electric mixer, prepare cream mixture by whipping sugar and egg yolks on high speed until pale yellow and thick.
- With mixer on medium speed, add cream cheese and whip until smooth.
- Add mascarpone and Marsala. Mix until incorporated.
- Fold in whipped cream.
STEP TWO: Prepare Espresso Mixture–
- To prepare espresso mixture, combine espresso, additional Marsala, sugar, and warm water.
- To assemble, dip ladyfingers in espresso mixture.
- Place one layer of dipped
- ladyfingers on bottom of serving platter.
- Top with one layer of cream mixture.
- Add another layer of dipped ladyfingers, topped with a second layer of cream mixture.
- Sift cocoa over top.
Note: If you’d prefer not to use the Marsala (I think you need it for the flavor it imparts) there’s not a good subsitute. Simply use the recipe minus the Marasala. You’ll want to eat this early in the day because of the espresso, if you’re sensitive to caffiene.