- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, softened)
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups diced green tomatoes
- 1 cup golden raisins (soak until plump)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well (batter will be soft).
- Stir in tomatoes, raisins and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 70 to 75 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Spoon Browned Butter icing over cake .
Browned Butter Icing:
In a medium saucepan over low heat melt ½ cup (1 stick) butter.
Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until butter is lightly browned.
Whisk in 1 cup confectioners’ sugar until smooth.