Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Valentines Day is just around the corner and if you want to win the heart of your spouse, try this Cranberry Mojito. Guaranteed to win him or her over, this fresh and light cocktail is dangerously delicious and just right for a celebration! I added a splash of club soda to give it a little sparkle but that’s optional if you’d prefer not to. There’s enough simple syrup in the recipe to make about 6 of these lovelies, if you’re making for a party, but the syrup will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks if you’re only making one or two.
- Crushed Ice
- 3 Mint Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- 4 oz Light Rum
- Club Soda Or Seltzer Water
- Fresh Mint Sprigs And Lime Slices To Garnish
Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Or Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Place the cranberries water and sugars in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the cranberries are falling apart about 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Discard the solids and refrigerate the syrup into a mason jar or glass container for up to two weeks.
- Muddle the mint leaves, cranberry simple syrup and lime juice against the sides of a cocktail shaker, add ice cubes and rum.
- Cover and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain into a 10-oz glass filled with ice.
- Top with the club soda or seltzer water and garnish with mint leaves lime slices and whole cranberries.