Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
If you think that eating clean and raw and vegan are some sort of mystery code for tasteless, blah food, in this case you ARE mistaken. I found the original recipe for these on epicurious and tweaked a little. These flourless, eggless Vegan Chocolate Brownies , small wonder will not last long!
Now even, your menu challenged and food specific loves can enjoy a special treat. And they are easy enough to make regularly! So don’t wait for a holiday, make these, TODAY!
Vegan Chocolate Brownies
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 tablespoons heaping unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until crumbly.
- Add dates. Pulse a few times until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Press the mixture into a small wax or parchment lined brownie sheet until flat and even.
- Freeze for 30 minutes
I promise you’ll love these! Do yourself a big favor and buy the good stuff to make these, Pure madagascar vanilla, Real maple syrup for sweetness and good cocoa powder (I personally use Ghiardelli). Splurge a little, you’re worth it!