Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and in the spirit of the holiday, we’re having a greening of the bar. This Creamy Frozen Grasshopper Cocktail is absolutely for the grown ups! But oh so yummy. Kind of like a frozen thin mint. And who just doesn’t love those? We keep them in the freezer after we buy them and well I can tell you that ice cold they are heaven. I digress.
You can clearly make a kids version by omitting the alcohol. But try this one for yourself! Its a boozy milkshake,but delicious and perfect for those St. Patty’s Day parties! You can substitute any peppermint schnapps you might have for the Goldschlager, should you not have it in the bar.
Creamy Frozen Grasshopper
- 1 shot Creme de Menthe green
- 1 shot Goldschläger
- 1 shot Irish Cream
- 1 shot White Spiced Rum
- 2 pieces Mint Leaves
- 2 scoops mint chocolate chip Ice Cream
- 1 Splash Half and Half
- Shaved 90% dark Chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Blend all ingredients, including the two mint leaves, in blender with ice cream and half and half. Pour into glass
- Garnish with a mint leaf and shaved chocolate
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream
What recipes are you making for your St. Patrick’s Day Celebration?