Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Ham is a year round Southern Favorite. And a Creamy Ham Casserole is no execption ! With Easter around the corner you’re likely going to be looking for ways to use all that left over ham and this recipe is sure to please! Its never too early to plan!
If you’re looking for the best easter recipes and DIY, check out our Pinterest Board, Simply Easter.
We’ve got lots of goodies there and adding more daily! But after Easter we ALL have left overs! Ham, Veggies and more, this Creamy Ham and Broccoli Casserole is the perfect way to use those left overs and still have a meal fit for a king. I’ve used this for family, guests and even pot-lucks! Grab a print and let me know how you like it!
Creamy Ham And Broccoli Casserole
- 2 heads broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter no substitutes
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 3oz can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut broccoli into florets.Steam over boiling salted water (covered) 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepane over medium heat.
- Wisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, wisking constantly until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add cheese and sour cream, stirring well until cheese is melted and sour cream is incorporated.(DO NOT BOIL)
- Stir in broccoli, ham , and mushrooms into cheese sauce and pour into 2 quart prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over casserole .
- Cut 1 tablespoon butter into small pieces and sprinkle evenly over breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes.
Do you have great Easter DIY ideas or Recipes? Leave a link in the comments and I”ll add you to our board!