Halloween is almost here! Where did the month go?! By this time in the, you’ve probably had your children invited to parties, some schools still allow for little celebrations, and who doesn’t love enjoying spooky snacks or the entire month of October. But by the last week of the month, you’ve got to be sick of candy or all the sugar highs your kids have been on. Halloween snacks don’t have to be pure sugar, though.
Halloween Sugar High Got Ya down?
My BooNanas are the perfect guilt-free ghostly treat to give the kids. I know you’re looking at the picture and wondering how fast I worked so the bananas wouldn’t turn brown. Not fast at all. A simple spritz of lemon juice on your naked ‘nanas keeps them from turning. You’re able to peel and cut your bananas, leaving them aside as you get your piping bag of homemade chocolate ganache ready. These boonanas are easy to make and are healthy! Pop a paper straw or craft stick in the bottom of these and they’re great for your hungry kiddos.
- 10-12 Firm Bananas cut in half
- Lemon juice
- Lightly Spray Cut banana's with lemon juice, set aside.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Heat cream in a small saucepan until bubbles begin to appear around edges (scalding);
- Pour over chocolate.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Set aside at room temperature until cool
- Spoon Chocolate Ganache into a pastry bag with a #3 Round Tip attached
- Pipe the eyes and mouth onto each banana
- Insert colored paper straws or use craft sticks to serve.