Does it feel like spring just got passed over? It does here and I’m thinking summer! Parties, pools, fun and lots and lots of laughter!
We always enjoy making our parties ‘themed’ and when we do there’s a signature cocktail for the grown ups and a signature drink for the kiddies. This month’s Cocktail of the Month is the Sonora Sunset! A little bit like a sunrise but with a nutty under note and a fresh zing of pineapple to top it off! We like to say its a party in a glass! (This is one drink you certainly want to sip, not gulp!)
- Silver Tequila
- Triple Sec
- Amaretto DiSaronno
- Sweet and Sour Mix
- Pineapple juice
- Fruit for garnish
- Fill a large glass or shaker glass with ice
- Pour 1oz of Tequila
- Pour 1/2 oz of Triple Sec
- Pour 1/2 oz of DiSaaronno
- into the shaker glass
- Add a 3 count of Sweet and sour mix ( 1- one thousand , 2 - one thousand )
- Add a 1 count of grenadine
- Shake well
- Get a second glass of ice and pour the tequila mix into it
- Top off with Pineapple juice
- Garnish with a strawberry or pineapple skewer.
Do you ever throw ‘themed’ parties for families or grown ups? What’s your favorite cocktail to serve? Give us your best ideas and you could be featured in our Cocktail of the Month series!