This Strawberry Spinach Salad is one of my favorites!
Its no secret, I’ve hit the treadmill this new year! And making changes in our diet have been easier than I thought. With delicious choices like this, I cannot go wrong! The dressing for this salad is semi-homemade ( a departure for me) but perfect and not too sweet! Top this salad with a handful of blue cheese or feta crumbles and a few chopped nuts and you’ve got a meal fit for a queen!
- 2 tsp Smuckers Seedless Sugar Free Strawberry Jam
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Freshly-cracked black pepper, to taste
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, caps removed and sliced
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach
- Blue Cheese or Feta Cheese Crumbles for topping
- Chopped Pecans, Almonds or Walnuts for topping
- In a medium bowl measure 2 teaspoons strawberry jam
- whisk in vinegar until smooth
- then wisk in extra-virgin olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the spinach with strawberries and onions
- Pour on dressing
- Toss again thoroughly to coat the salad
- Top with crumbled feta or bleu cheese and nuts