Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Strawberry Spinach Salad is one of my favorites!
Its no secret, I’ve hit the treadmill this new year! And making changes in our diet have been easier than I thought. With delicious choices like this, I cannot go wrong! The dressing for this salad is semi-homemade ( a departure for me) but perfect and not too sweet! Top this salad with a handful of blue cheese or feta crumbles and a few chopped nuts and you’ve got a meal fit for a queen!
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 2 tsp Smuckers Seedless Sugar Free Strawberry Jam
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1 pint strawberries washed, caps removed and sliced
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach
- Blue Cheese or Feta Cheese Crumbles for topping
- Chopped Pecans Almonds or Walnuts for topping
- In a medium bowl measure 2 teaspoons strawberry jam
- whisk in vinegar until smooth
- then wisk in extra-virgin olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the spinach with strawberries and onions
- Pour on dressing
- Toss again thoroughly to coat the salad
- Top with crumbled feta or bleu cheese and nuts