Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
This curried Broccoli Cheese Soup is perfect for these last days of winter. Its not spicy at all and even the kiddos will give this one a thumbs up! Broccoli and Cauliflower are staples in our household. We snack on them raw, make salads and my personal favorite, SOUP. I stumbled into the curry powder addition by accident, but fell in love with the flavor and hope you’ll try this next time you make Broccoli Soup or Broccoli Cauliflower Soup. If you prefer a creamier soup, whir in your blender when done cooking and serve. We prefer the whole florets in ours. Don’t hesitate to toss in a bit of cauliflower if you have it available. You’ll love the flavor combo! Serve in a toasty Bread bowl or a heavy soup bowl.Print
Curried Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 -8 1x
Warm and comforting with an extra zing from the curry. Not spicy
- 2 large heads broccoli
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cans regular-strength chicken broth (14 ounces each)
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese grated (add more if you like a creamy cheese soup)
- Trim tough stem ends from broccoli.
- Cut off 1 cup tiny florets from broccoli, steam separately until tender, and set aside for garnish. Coarsely chop remaining broccoli and the onions.
- In soup pot, melt butter over medium heat
- Add onion and curry powder, and cook until onions are limp and clear.
- Add broth and chopped broccoli.
- Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until broccoli is tender when pierced.
- Stir in Cheddar.
- Use additional Cheddar for garnish.
- Whirl small batches of mixture in blender until smooth. (optional)
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
This one’s a winner from the word go!
Sandra Watts says
This looked so good I had to pin. I know what I want for dinner this weekend.
its soooooooooo easy to make and really delish!
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says
I have a favorite broccoli cheese soup recipe but it has no curry in it. I’m DYING to try this one!
that little bit of curry powder adds such warmth and hominess to the soup. We love it!
Ducks 'n a Row says
And you are both a professional chef AND a professional photographer? This is exquisite! Just yummed, pinned and stumbled … now I am going to use your post as bait to get people to come to my blog hop! LOL No fool here! :)
So glad you liked it!
Marie from The Interior Frugalista says
I make a lot of soup during the winter months and your delicious recipe is definitely now on my Must Make List. Pinning to share and to refer back to the recipe when I make it. Thanks for the recipe!
Miz Helen says
What a lovely presentation for your delicious Curried Broccoli Cheese Soup. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a wonderful day.
Come Back Soon!
Thanks so much for linking up to DIY Inspired last week. Just wanted to tell you that I featured your recipe in our party this week and I will be pinning and sharing on my Facebook page this coming week. :) Have a wonderful weekend! XO