A Simple Healthy Snack or Hearty Breakfast
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole roasted almonds
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup shredded fresh coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Tupelo honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins and mix until evenly distributed.
Substitute slivered almonds, cashews or any nut you like for the nuts in this recipe. Dark Raisins or Yellow Raisins work equally well. Add in or takeaway ingredients according to your family’s tastes.