Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Spring has finally broken through here in Lousiana and the sure signs of summer are beginning to show. This delicious watermelon basil cocktail highlights the best of spring and summer all in one yummy drink. Along with watermelon, its serving up a fresh ‘punch’ of basil flavor and makes a just right cocktail for that outdoor party, be it barbeque or crawfish! Give it a try! You’ll welcome spring and summer in a wonderful way!
Watermelon Basil Cocktail
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon or remove all seeds
- 2 cups fruity white wine such as Pinot Grigio
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 3 cups ice cubes
- watermelon wedges or chunks for garnish optional
- Place watermelon, wine, Triple Sec and lime juice in a blender? process until smooth.
- Add basil and blend until leaves are just minced (if blended too long, drink will have green hue).
- Chill for 3 hours in refrigerator
- Wash and chill 4 quart size ball mason jars
- Divide ice cubes among the four jars?
- Add about 11/4 cups of watermelon-basil mixture to each glass.
- Cut a crosswise slit in the center of each watermelon wedge? place a wedge onto the rim of each glass. or skewer several watermelon chunks on a pick.
- Serve immediately.
Check out more of our watermelon cocktails and all of our adult beverages