Decadent yet simple southern comfort food.
- 3 +/- tablespoons real Mayonnaise (I make my own!)
- 1 4-oz. jar diced pimiento, drained
- 2 cloves. finely diced garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8-oz. block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 8-oz. block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 8-oz block Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in cheese in small portions until mixed well.
- Don’t mash or use a mixer, you want to be able to ‘see’ the shreds.
- Add a little more mayo if mixture is too stiff.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Serve on freshly washed celery ribs, crackers, or between two slices of trimmed white bread for sandwiches. Cut thin slices of French bread, spread pimento cheese on as desired and run under the broiler until bubbly. Once you’ve gotten your basic recipe down, you can experiment with a myriad of additions like jalapeno’s, hot sauce, cayenne pepper and more.
- Category: Appetizer, Main, Main Course, Snacks
- Cuisine: Southern